I have enjoyed my blogging experiences. I have decided to take a break from posting comments, stories and pictures for a while.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who followed or viewed my posts and hope my writings were constructive and enjoyable and my pictures were a pleasure to view on some level to you all.
I’m going to post a Latin version of the earlier wordsearch.
Answers in two weeks time.
I thought I would try something different. I have, from an online source, created a wordsearch related to wildlife. This is the english names of Damselflies, Demoiselles and a Dragonfly. I will post the answers in two weeks time. I had to print it off, scan it into my computer to get a copy, which is why it looks photocopied. In effect it is!
I hope it works!
This is part two, part one is already posted. For some reason my uploading was stopped. But, I continue!
Fungi, etc as previously posted.
Below are two pix of a Bird of Prey. It could be a Pale Buzzard, a Honey Buzzard, a Goshawk. As usual I had difficulty gettinga good pic! But thanks to GIMP, an open source free photoshop type programme, I have managed to get a reasonable 200% enlargement. I believe it is likely to be a Goshawk.
Coming into Autumn, I have posted a pic of a tree. There are quite a few insects around, I have posted pix of a Bronze Shield Bug, a Grasshopper, a Saw Fly, also few species of Fungi. A Small White Butterfly, a summer male, it only has one dark spot. I have also posted a pic of a Bird of Prey. As those of you who follow me know, I do not have any luck taking pictures of Birds. As usual this pic is only at a distance ( a hundred + yards ). It is possibly a Pale or Honey Buzzard or Goshawk; maybe a Sparrowhawk but looks far too big. I took a couple of pis of it resting on the cliff top. The second pic I enlarged using GIMP. GIMP is a free open source photoshop system. Found on CNET. Anyway, I hope you like my pix.
Only a couple of pix today, of a new born Common Lizard. The first pic shows just how tiny they are. Look along the corrugated iron sheet. There were three, but two shot off into the undergrowth as soon as they saw me. This one stayed around to have its picture taken. The second pic was as close as I could get before it too shot off into the undergrowth.
It’s tiny, as usual I will post the result in two weeks time. Enjoy!